New Forum 26/10/2018

All the important general forum announcements
Admin1
Site Admin

New Forum 26/10/2018

Post by Admin1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:51 pm

OK

Well it looks like the move to the new hosting company as worked. Many thanks to Steve Loft, he came out of retirement to help me with this one.

It may be a good idea if everyone changed their password. There has been no breach in security, just good housekeeping I think.

The forum does look different, but it is the latest version and should be stable. I intend to keep it this way for the foreseeable future.

I have noticed that one or two avatars have been lost, so you may have re-upload your own if you want to keep using them.

Now the crunch, Steve had been providing hosting at a very reasonable rate. I now have to pay normal amounts. Its not vasts amount of money each year but if you would like to donate to the cause that would be much appreciated. Many of you payed last December of early January so its entirely up to you if you would like to pay now or wait until January. I think an annual rate of £10 would cover my costs ( thats really based on the regular users, the forum has alot of people registered but never or rarely post) if you would like to donate more thats even better.

I did have a paypal donate button on the home screen but that has been removed, so contributions please via paypal to pacrabtree@gmail.com

If you have any questions about the forum, how it looks or anything else, please let me know

Thankyou

Paul

Anne
Senior Climatologist
Altitude: 31
Weather Station: Davis VV

Re: New Forum 26/10/2018

Post by Anne » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Wow, thanks Paul and well done. Happy to do a donation to help. I was impressed that I was even still logged in on the new site!
Anne

Return to “Announcements”